Home » SPORTS NEWS » Real Tamale United move a step close to dethroning Steadfast fc from the top of the table

Real Tamale United move a step close to dethroning Steadfast fc from the top of the table

Spread the love


Despite a comfortable 3-1 victory at home against Young Apostles, the Northern blues are still a step behind leaders Steadfast FC who played a 0-0 draw against B.A United in Sunyani.

GFA is yet to make a final decision on RTU’s match day 16 fixture against Techiman City which was meant to take place in Wa in the Upper West Region.

Per the GFA rules, RTU stands to gain three points and three goals should the decision of the FA go in favour of them.

RTU were trailing Steadfast FC by three points before today’s encounter with Young Apostles anf needed to win this fixture to go level with the leaders pending the results from Sunyani.

With this in mind, RTU mounted pressure on their opponents in the early minutes of the first half, but the good defensive setup of the visitors stoped RTU from getting an early goal.
The home team keep knocking hoping to find an opener until the 35th minute when new signing from Nzema Kotoko, Ronald Frimpong broke the deadlock to put RTU in front. This was his 5th since joining them late in the first round.

The growing pressure was still on the away team, but with their great defensive wall it was almost impossible for RTU to penetrate through.

After the break the intensity grew stronger as the away team also tried to move forward with the ball for an equalizer, but their woes continues when Alhassan Fauzan Dandawa double the lead on the 62nd minute.

With that goal many presume a comfortable win for RTU. This was not meant to be just after two minutes a defensive breakdown on the part of RTU allowed Young Apostles attacker Mohammed Mustapha to calmly put the ball into the far end of the goalpost to make it 2-1.

The intensity of the game became fierce after Young Apostles goal, which made it difficult for both sides as they all began knocking again in search of a deciding goal.

Finally on the 80th minute, the referee awarded RTU a penalty which Mohammed Sadat comfortable send the ball pass the goalkeeper to make it 3-1 for RTU.

The game ended with a 3-1 win for the home team, which lives them one point behind table leaders Steadfast FC.

Next for Coach Shaibu Tanko’s men is a derby game against city rivals Tamale City in match day 20.

About Author

Website Disclaimer

Sports M R News is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website. 

Send your news stories to
WhatsApp on +233246347334/+233245850932

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com